Community and Care Coordinator
Belvidere Medical Practice has a Community and Care Coordinator who is available to speak to patients and carers to give advice and signposting. There are many ways in which the role can help those needing that extra level of support:
- pendant alarms
- carers support
- care packages and assessments
- help at home
Emily and Emma are available to offer help and support to patients and carers. Please contact Emily or Emma at the surgery on 01743 363640.
Role of the care co-ordinator
- To offer support to the frail and vulnerable members of the community.
- To offer support to the carers of those people.
- To signpost to the relevant organisations.
- To contact patients following hospital discharge to see if we can offer help or support and reduce the risk of loss of independence.
- To create links between the practice and the voluntary sector, community groups, the local authority and volunteers.
- To identify those at risk of increased hospital admissions and A and E attendances.